Wednesday 4 December 2013

Pennies from Heaven

Delighted to report that I have the first (small) tranche of funding for my practice-as-research play, scheduled to be performed at Goldsmiths in July. And a director, too. And a choreographer, possibly.

The money was awarded from Goldsmith's Graduate School Fund and very grateful I am. Now to look for further small donations to add to the fund...

The cost of a gun hired from Bapty costs about £50.00 upwards. And I don't want actors, technicians and the director to work for nothing.  Although it's a university project, I know they'll be doing it for love as much as anything else. As indeed am I. So every little helps to stage what I hope will be a really exciting production. It's based on a notorious British murder case, but will reveal more about that later.

Meanwhile we'll be looking for a male child actor (playing age: ten years) to play a pivotal role. And a female twenty-something actor to play the protagonist. Oh, and the play's in verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment